February 9, 2011

Lately

I'm sad to confess, I missed Taco Tuesday this week. To be honest, I'm a bit burnt out in general...especially on Mexican food(and tequila). I've had more pico de gallo(and tequila) in the past week than most people have in a year. Oh the joy of working at a Jaliscan restaurant! But I really can't complain about free food so on we go. The meals I've had time to prepare for myself are as simple as it gets. 
 I've also been reminiscing on my travels a lot lately...I think it's a sign I need a vacation(this is after just 3 weeks of work and school, yeah I'm pathetic ha!). But who wouldn't dream about this beautiful lunch/dinner/midnight snack? I have fond memories of warm afternoons in Italy eating plates stacked high with ethereal pink prosciutto and melon. A harmonious sweet and salty combination. 
If you haven't tried this before walk RUN to your nearest deli and make it happen. Make sure you have them slice the prosciutto paper thin and buy a very ripe cantaloupe or honeydew melon for maximum juicy sweetness. If I could, I'd live solely on cured pork. No joke. Hey Mom and Dad, how about a leg of prosciutto for my birthday? Pretty please?
 

No comments :

Post a Comment