April 7, 2011

Meyer Lemon Curd

The past couple weeks have been hectic looking for apartments(we found a beauty!), preparing for a move, opening day just around the corner(I work at a restaurant just 1 block from the stadium), and other tough decisions that popped out of nowhere(more on that later). I've been surviving on coffee and have officially tried everything on the menu at work ha. I did have a day off to stroll through my corner market and found myself smitten with some beautiful meyer lemons last week. I brought home about two pounds and googled my way through recipes until deciding on this one. Lemon curd is way easier to make than you may think. Just sugar, eggs, lemon and butter combine to make a silky-smooth-lemony custard ready for spreading on flaky scones within 20 minutes.
If you can't find meyer lemons(they're a bit less tart than regular ones) go ahead and use whatever you can find at the store. Feel free to add a bit more sugar if you feel it needs it. I now have a big jar of this dreamy stuff and can't wait to glob it on some crepes, layer it in cakes, and lick it from a spoon after a long night at work.
You can find the recipe here: Meyer Lemon Curd by David Lebovitz
I hope to be back in the swing of things once life has settled down. Check back soon for more recipes!

No comments :

Post a Comment